Since the inception of e-commerce, the digital ecosystem has been constrained to two silos:
- Card Present (in-store transactions)
- Card-Not-Present (e-commerce transactions)
Mobile devices, digital wallets, consumer and merchant behavioral shifts have challenged these silos, creating a need for an alternative method of payment. LISNR has created the global standard for online in-store commerce with Radius: A bridge between online and offline commerce that offers convenience, security and reliability to merchants and consumers alike.
LISNR’s Radius SDK enables proximity verification and contactless transactions, including offline data transmission, for payments and financial service providers, retail merchants, mobility companies, and other proximity applications worldwide. Powered by a ubiquitous device and operating system (OS) platform, LISNR’s non-captive near-field association provides proof-present authentication enabled through proximity tokens, securely transferring data over sound.
Benefits of LISNR Radius in Retail
Increased Customer Loyalty
Radius SDK is OS agnostic and integrates seamlessly with existing consumer and merchant applications. Additionally, Radius utilizes pre-existing hardware, reducing infrastructure costs and increasing efficiency to offer a truly personalized consumer experience and ensure digital loyalty.
Safety and Security
Solving for the emerging problems of safety and fraud, Radius provides contactless verification when consumers are present in-store to help combat chargebacks, as well as to simplify and transform user experiences. Contactless interactions like checkout, payment, product pickup and drop-off become more efficient, offering consumers a seamless experience.
With LISNR’s advanced, ultrasonic, ultra-low power data transmission technology, frictionless and secure communication between devices is made possible with only a speaker and microphone. Because Radius SDK integrates seamlessly into all mobile or desktop platforms, merchants can enhance security and improve operations in a variety of ways, including:
- Reduced human error.
- Savings on interchange fees for card-not-present transactions.
- Decreased fraudulent transactions and chargebacks.
- Increased customer loyalty.
- Increased revenue and ROI.
With more than 34 million merchants looking to accept contactless payments by 2027, LISNR only relies on the speaker/ microphone infrastructure of consumer devices to transact. Mass market retailers, quick service restaurants (QSRs) and fuel stations, amongst many more merchant types, can use the Radius SDK to grow and evolve in their respective industry in the following ways:
Mass Market Retailers:
- Combine all the customer information you need into one transmission at entry: identity (verification and digital recognition), loyalty and payment.
- Connect the online and offline shopping experience by providing a speedy, secure, and seamless in-store checkout.
- Enhance security through person-present transactions for in-store fulfillment.
Quick Service Restaurants:
- Personalize the ordering experience through automatic customer authentication.
- Reduce friction and purchase abandonment due to long wait times.
- Move every customer to the front of the line with mobile payment and pick-up.
- Provide a frictionless loyalty experience at check-in with a contactless identification protocol.
- Reduce the potential for pump fraud by implementing mobile payment.
- Connect in-store, at EV-charging station, and at-pump experiences through a unified loyalty and payment platform.
Leading retailers and merchants are placing necessary emphasis on the customer experience from first contact to final purchase. Don’t miss out on the small moments that have a big impact on the overall customer journey. Bridge the gap between the online and in-store experience with LISNR. Take advantage of the “micro-moments” and Contact Us today to unify the customer experience across multiple touchpoints with LISNR Radius.