Exciting announcement for LISNR! Appearing right after this paragraph! Can you even wait? The suspense is building. The anticipation mounting. Here we go…
Last week we were selected as a Webby Awards Official Honoree for our mobile work with the 2014 Budweiser Made In America Music Festival! While nothing we do is for the accolades or notoriety (such is the lot of a B2B company…), it felt really good to be recognized. And this isn’t our first tango with the Awards, having received a similar honor last year for J. Cole’s “Listening Session”, executed in partnership with Roc Nation.
Interested in learning more about the project? That puts you in the same company as the Webbys. Read on.
- Budweiser needed a mobile experience to accompany the 2014 Budweiser Made in America Festival in Philadelphia and Los Angeles.
- This mobile application needed engage with festival attendees on-site and in real time, bringing a heightened relevancy to the application as a digital tool for to brand and consumer engagement. The execution needed to increase brand impressions, mine unique physical and digital data points, engage attendees, and be the complete informational and experiential companion to on-site visitors.
- Current technologies are very good at tracking consumer activity and behaviors on the digital web and making smart brand and advertising decisions based on correlating assumptions on intent and purpose. Every second of a consumer’s web history is recorded, analyzed, understood and acted upon. But innovators are still looking for ways to find consumers offline, in their real lives. A laundry list of technologies exist to make mobile devices contextually smart, but they are falling short, leaving large data holes related to where, when, and what consumers are doing in live and digital environments.
- LISNR is a high frequency, inaudible technology; a new communication protocol that sends data over audio. It is a digital sound file that turns any speaker or piece of media into a beacon, working seamlessly across physical and digital spaces more effectively than all current solutions in the marketplace, most notably Bluetooth and traditional ACR.
- LISNR is the solution to solving those gaps, providing a more reliable, scalable, universal technology to deploy across all hardware considerations, and environment considerations, based on LISNR’s unique and proprietary manipulation of sound waves. LISNR technology collects data points that can be used to measure a call to action, the success of a supporting mobile initiative, and presence/proximity insights where none had previously existed
- Communicate customized messaging based on attendee’s exact location
- Reach attendees with relevant content at relevant moments
- Encourage/Track attendees around target locations
- Increase app relevancy and engagement
- Broadcast LISNR ultrasonic Smart Tones throughout target festival areas, using on-site speakers and sound systems, delivering:
- Call to Actions
…When app users come within range of a LISNR Tone.
*Another tactic: drive 6 hours from LISNR headquarters in Cincinnati to Anheuser-Busch in St. Louis to meet and strategize with the Made in America team face-to-face. That’s called “client service”. Thank you for the BBQ, St. Lou!
- 90% increase in 2015 application downloads (iOS/Android)
- 35% increase in social activity via 2015 application
- 20% increase in social account integrations, compared to industry standard
- 70% push notification penetration, 500K – 750K notifications sent daily
- 90% click through rate for LISNR triggered content
- 11.5M brand impressions, 75% attributed to LISNR
This award could not have been possible without the effort, enthusiasm, and cooperation of our partners: Translation, Roc Nation, and above all Budweiser, who saw an opportunity for their brand to reach consumers in a more meaningful, delightful way.
Want to talk further about this or other use cases for LISNR? Reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
LISNR is a high frequency, inaudible technology; a new communication protocol that sends data over audio. As the leaders of the Internet of Sound, we use inaudible sound waves called SmartTones™, to transmit information. LISNR essentially transmits customizable packets of data every second that enable proximity data transmission, second-screen functionality, authentication and low-fi device to device connectivity on any LISNR enabled device. We enable this functionality better and more efficiently than bluetooth (proximity), ACR (2nd Screen), and NFC/RFID (authentication). As an integrated software partner, LISNR can power devices to connect with world around better than ever before.